Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct an open competitive examination for recruitment to the post of Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department (IMD), Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post, in the Level 6 of the Pay Matrix as per the Recruitment Scheme formulated by the IMD and as per the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between IMD and SSC.
|Dates for submission of online applications||30-09-2022 to 18-10-2022|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications||18-10-2022 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||19-10-2022 (23:00)|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||20-10-2022 (23:00)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||20-10-2022|
|Date of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ including online payment.||25-10-2022 ( upto 23:00)|
|Tentative Schedule of Computer Based Examination (CBE)||December, 2022|
Age limit (As on closing date 18-10-2022):
- Age limit: Not exceeding 30 years as on 18-10-2022. Candidate must have been born not earlier than 19-10-1992 and not later than 17-10-2004.
Essential Educational Qualifications (As on 18-10-2022):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science (with Physics as one of the subject)/Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Applications
Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized Institution/University or equivalent.
NOTE-I: The qualifying Degree or Diploma referred above should be in First Class (60% marks) or 6.75 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
NOTE-II: The qualifying Degree or Diploma referred above must be of three
(3) years duration after (10+2) examination.
NOTE-III: The applicant must have passed 10+2 Examination from a Recognized Board or equivalent in Science with Physics and Mathematics as core subjects.
- The candidates who have appeared in their final year of their graduation can also apply, however they must possess Essential qualification on or before the cut-off date i.e.18-10-2022.
Scheme of the Examination:
- The Commission will conduct a Computer Based Examination comprising 200 questions carrying 200 marks for two hours duration.
- The question paper would have two parts, Part-I and Part-II as detailed below:
|Papers||Subject||No. of questions||Duration & Timings|
|Part-I Computer based Examination||General Intelligence & Reasoning Quantitative Aptitude||25 25|
|(iii) English language & Comprehension||25|
|(iv) General Awareness||25||120 Minutes (Total)|
|Part-II Computer based Examination||Physics / Computer Science & Information Technology / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.||100|
- The examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for questions of English Language & Comprehensions.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the examination. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.