SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 and topic wise exam pattern for prelims and mains: In order to qualify to the final round of the SBI clerk recruitment process for the post of clerical junior assistant, candidates need to clear two rounds of online examinations.
The first round (preliminary examination) is held in the last week of March. The second round (main examination) is held in the second week of May. This article will guide you through the exam pattern and syllabus for SBI clerk 2018 in detail.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 for Prelims Exam
|Name of Section||Q.s||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
This exam is conducted in the last week of May 2018. It is a one hour long exam containing 100 questions. Total marks of this exam is 100. The exam is divided into three categories
- English language – this section has 30 questions and carries total of 30 marks
- Numerical ability – this section has 35 questions and carries total of 35 marks
- Reasoning ability – this section has 35 questions and carries total of 35 marks
The SBI result of the preliminary exam is traditionally declared in the month of June 2018.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 for Mains Exam
|Name of test||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
This exam has duration of 2 hours and 40 minutes. It contains 190 questions, and carries total of 200 marks. It is divided into the following sections:
- General/financial awareness – this section contains 50 questions and carries total of 50 marks. It has a duration of 35 minutes.
- General English – this section contains 40 questions and carries total of 40 marks. It has a duration of 35 minutes.
- Quantitative aptitude – this section contains 50 questions and carries total of 50 marks. It has a duration of 45 minutes.
- Reasoning ability and computer aptitude – this section contains 50 questions and carries total of 60 marks. It has a duration of 45 minutes.
The result of this exam is declared in the third week of August.
To know the exact dates, refer to the official website of SBI to access their official notices.
SBI Clerk Exam pattern: General rules
- Candidates need to qualify the exams by securing passing marks in each of the sections separately.
- The number of candidates shortlisted in each section (ideally, 20 times the vacancy available) shall qualify for the next round of recruitment process.
- For the main exam, each section has its assigned duration.
- The questions (except for General English) will be bilingual (English and Hindi).
- For the main exam, there will be negative marking for objective type sections. 1/4thmark will be deducted for a wrong answer.