Online applications are invited from the eligible applicants for engagement as Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) (Branch Postmaster(BPM)/Assistant Branch Postmaster(ABPM)/Dak Sevak). Applications are to be submitted online at www.indiapostgdsonline.gov.in.
ENGAGEMENT SCHEDULE IS AS UNDER:
|(i)||Registration/Application Submission Start Date:||27.01.2023||to||16.02.2023|
- EMOLUMENTS: Emoluments in the form of Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) plus Dearness Allowance thereon are paid to the GDS.The applicable TRCA to different categories are as under: –
|ii.||ABPM/Dak Sevak||Rs.10,000/- -24,470/-|
- Day to day postal operations of Branch Post Office and India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) in the manner as prescribed by the Department from time to time.
bb) Marketing and promotions of products and services being provided by Department and operating various services in the Customer Services’ Centres (CSC) of the Department etc.
- In the single handed BOs, BPMs have the overall responsibility of smooth and timely functioning of Branch Post Office including mail conveyance and mail delivery.
- In the BOs other than single-handed, the BPMs may be assisted by ABPM. However, BPM will be required to do combined duties of ABPMs as and when ordered. Any other work can also be assigned by superiors like IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs etc.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (FOR ALL POST) :
- AGE Limits:
- Minimum age:18 years
- Maximum age:40 years.
- Age will be determined as on the last date of submission of application as per notification.
|Sl. No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|1.||Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|3.||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||No relaxation|
|4.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|5.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years|
|6.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST||15 years|
QUALIFICATION AS ON THE DATE OF NOTIFICATION:
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard having passed in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of GDS.
- The applicant should have studied the local language i.e; (Name of Local language at least up to Secondary standard [as compulsory or elective subjects. Available at https://indiapostgdsonline.cept.gov.in/Notifications/Final_Post_Consolidation.pdf
- Knowledge of computer
- Knowledge of cycling
- Adequate means of livelihood
Note-1: The selected candidates will have to submit undertaking to the Engaging Authority in respect of the above prescribed formats (referrer to Annexure I,II & III respectively) at the time of engagement.
Note-2: (i) No person holding an elective office will be considered for engagement to the post.
- The applicant selected as GDS shall not engage in any activity with any outside agency, which would be detrimental to the business or interest of the Post Office/IPPB.
- Past experience or service of any kind will not be considered for selection.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application can be submitted online only at www.indiapostgdsonline.in. Applications received from any other mode shall not be entertained. Brief instructions for registration, payment of fee, documents to be uploaded with application, selection of posts etc. are given in Annexure-V.
- The applicants will be shortlisted for engagement on the basis of a system generated merit list.
- The Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained/ conversion of Grades/Points to marks (as explained in sub paras- iii to ix below) in Secondary School Examination of 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory.
- For applicants where their Secondary School Examination of 10th standard mark sheet have marks or marks and Grade/Points both, only their total marks will be worked out by taking into account the marks obtained in all compulsory and elective/optional subjects (other than extra subjects, if any). This will ensure that applicant with higher marks get selected.