New Changes Introduced this year:
- Section-wise time has been allotted this year in the Mains phase of this exam.
The overall time of the Mains exam of RBI Assistant has been increased to 135 minutes from this year onwards.
The exam will be conducted in 3 phases, namely –
1. Preliminary Phase
2. Mains Phase
3. Language Proficiency Test
Before discussing the RBI Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern, let’s have a look at the following –
- The Online Registration for RBI Assistant started from 18.10.2017 and the applications would be accepted till 10.11.2017.
- The Tentative dates for the preliminary phase of this exam is 27, 28 November and the Mains phase will be conducted on 20th December 2017.
- Educational Qualification – At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC. Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
- Age (as on 01.10.2017) – Between 20 and 28 years.
- Application Fees – Rs. 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXS
Rs. 450/- for OBC/General candidates
- You can check the exam centres and the number of vacancies of different zones in the official notification.
Exam Pattern fof RBI Assistant 2017
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern for Prelims phase –
The Prelims exam of RBI Assistant 2017 will follow the pattern mentioned below:
|S. No.||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total time|
|1.||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 hour!|
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern for Mains phase –
|S. No.||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total|
|1.||Reasoning Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|2.||English Laguagee||40||40||30 minutes|
|3.||Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|4.||General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|7||Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination).1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Expected Syllabus of different sections –
Reasoning Ability Syllabus for RBI Assistant Exam
- Seating Arrangement – Circular, Square and Linear
- Blood Relation
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding and Decoding
- Distance and Direction
Numerical Ability syllabus for RBI Assistant Exams
Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Data Sufficiency
- Quadratic Equation
- Time & Distance
- Ratio & Proportion
- Problem on Ages
- Boats & Streams
- Pipe & Cisterns
English Language syllabus for RBI Assistant Exams
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting Error
- Fill in the blank
- Cloze test
- Sentence Improvement
General Awareness syllabus for RBI Assistant Exams
- News related to Reserve Bank of India
- Banking / Financial Awareness / Economics news
- Current Affairs – Questions can be asked from various fields such as: National, International, Awards, Sports, Defence, Summits, Appointment, Books & Authors and Obituary etc.
Computer Knowledge syllabus for RBI Assistant Exams
- Computer Generation
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- Operating System
- Computer Hardware
- Abbreviations related to Computer Knowledge