About Bank Clerk Jobs Profile & Selection Process

A clerk is mostly a front staff in a bank. Depending on the requirement, clerks are placed at different counters of the banks, e.g. savings, deposit, current deposit, term deposit, retail loans, cash credit, agricultural loans, credit cards, govt business, cash receipt or payment, etc. Maximum customer interface in banks occurs at these counters managed by clerical staff. Bank Clerk recruitment examination conduct by IBPS or specially Bank (SBI/RBI).


The minimum age for applying for the position of a clerk in nationalised or private sector banks is 20 years. The maximum age limit is 28 years. The candidate has to be a Graduate in any discipline. As most of the recruitment in clerical cadre in public sector banks are made state-wise, the candidate applying for the post in a particular State is expected to be proficient in the language of the State. Proficiency means knowing to read, write, speak and understand the language.

Structure of the Examination

The structure of the examinations, which will be conducted online, is as follows:Preliminary Examination

S. No. Name of Tests No. of Questions Maximum Marks Duration
1. English Language 30 30 Composite time of 1hour
2. Quantitative Aptitude 35 35
3. Reasoning Ability 35 35
  Total 100 100  

Main Examination

S. No. Name of Tests No. of Questions Maximum Marks Duration
1. Reasoning 40 40  Composite time of 2 hours
2. English Language 40 40
3. Quantitative Aptitude 40 40
4. General Awareness(with reference to Banking Industry) 40 40
5. Computer Knowledge 40 40  
  Total 200 200  

A candidate should qualify both prelims and mains. Mains exam score high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available subsequently on IBPS website.


Components Revised (Per Month)
Basic 12,812(60.15% of DA merged in basic)
House Rent Allowance 1,921 (15% of DA)
Fuel Expense 225
Dearness Allowance 5,124 (40% of basic as remaining 60% merged in basic salary)
Special Allowance 1,908 (9.5% increase in final pay slip component)
Total 21,990
Provident Fund -2,199
Tax -20
Union Fee -60
Benefit Funds -250
In Hand 19,461

 more details Call: 986 913 9632