A Transcription of a conversation or speech is a written text of it , based on a recording or notes . In this stage , first you have to transcribe the dictated notes and then type the transcription on a Computer .
– In stenography, transcription is the life –line for speed writers. Transcription is an important as the blood in our veins. Our body minus the blood is just a bundle of flesh.
– Transcription is the daily progress report about how one fares in a shorthand class of a particular range of speed and what is his worth for the competitive test.
– Transcription must be done daily . After taking dictation of the transcription , it must be first read thoroughly well after the class . Typing must be extremely neat .
– The student should develop a speechless love for his transcription because it is his/her art/skill ,it is his/her bread giver . The transcription produced by him/her should be like the rose among flowers whose fragrance should attract the employer .You should vow that “I shall do my transcription daily as I take my food daily .
– And I shall be second to none in the art/skill of producing fool –proof transcription “.
– The mistake should be properly marked with red ball pen.
But acquire so much accuracy in your transcription the percentage of mistake is never more then 0.5%
Tips For Transcription Accuracy
1) Treat it as test and not a formality
• Every transcription that we do daily shows us the status (mirror) about the progress of our
• It needs to be treated as a test and needs to be taken seriously .
• We should write the dictation on a proper shorthand not-book with a sharp pencil or a pen
2) Read the dictation before you start typing
• Make it a point that every dictation needs to be read before you start typing .
• The reason is when we read it before typing, we understand he context and since the words are
fresh in our memory , we are able to apply our mind on difficult and substituted words.
• When we transcribe and type , t became smooth/fast we don’t have to go back again and again .
3) Try to understand the meaning
• The transcription should preferably be typed in double space and a print taken on a paper.
• Make a habit of understanding the meaning of the sentence /matter before you type.
• This will facilitate in prompt typing and also will have very less chance of missing the line/s .
• Also be careful about the punctuation .4) Mark the mistake honesty
• It is advisable to check and mark each mistake honestly without any concession, preferable with a red pen so that the same is clearly visible.
5) Take the mistake in the right spirit
• We learn a lot from daily transcription .
• It helps in continuous improvement in our output .
• Let’s not get discourage and not leave the transcription of a passage which is tough , as the
tough passage gives us an opportunity to learn more new words .
6) Adequate practice of words and phrases
• It is suggested to keep a physical record of all the transcription for future reference and monitor the progress .
• After we understand each and every mistake ,we need to do adequate practice of new words and phrases in the transcription .
• It is also suggested tore-write the same passage of transcription minimum 3-4 times or till we are sure of writing it perfectly