The history of India includes prehistoric archaeological evidence from Anatomically modern humans on Indian subcontinent, advances of civilisation to the Vedic period of the Indo-Aryan cultures, the founding of Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, a number of ruling dynasties throughout various geographic areas of the … Some useful MCQ for UPSC, SSC CGL-Examination..
1. Which one of the following Governor Generals was impeached by the British Parliament?
(a) Lord Curzon
(b) Warren Hastings
(c) Lord Canning
(d) William Bentick
2. What is the correct sequence of the following events?
(a) Foundation of Indian National Congress.
(b) Simon Commission
(c) Home Rule Movement
(d) Cabinet Mission
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
3. Which of the following posts during the Delhi Sultanate was related to the Provincial Services?
(a) Qazi -ul Quzat
(b) Ariz –i Mumalik
(d) Barid – i Muamlik
4. Match List-I with List – II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the Lists
List – I List – II
(a) Doctrine of Lapse 1. Lord Curzon
(b) Partitions of Bengal 2. Warren Hastings
(c) Rohilla war 3. Lord Dalhousie
(d) Subsidiary Alliance 4. Lord Wellesley.
A B C D
(a) 4 1 2 3
(b) 3 1 2 4
(c) 4 2 1 3
(d) 3 2 1 4
5. Fatehpur Sikri symbolises
(a) Mohgul architecture
(b) Hindu and Muslim architecture
(c) Muslim and Christan architecture
(d) Hindu, Muslim and christen architectures
6. Raja Rammohan Roy was responsible for which of the following reforms?
1. Abolition of Sati
2. Abolition of child marriage
3. widow remarriage
Select the correct answer using the codes given below :
(a) 1 alone
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 1, 2 and 3
(d) 2 and 3
7. ‘Direct Actions’ was the brain child of
(a) Subhas Chandra Bose
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Mohamed Ali Jauhar
(d) Mohamed Ali Jinnah
8. Who among the following was the ‘political guru’ of Mahatma Gandhi?
(a) B.G Tilak
(b) G.K Gokhale
(c) Dadabhai Naoroji
(d) S.N. Banerjee
9. Assertion (A) : In greenhouse effect, the thick carbon dioxide layer allows sunlight to filter through but prevents heat from being re-radiated in outer space.
Reason (R) : The thick carbon dioxide layer functions like glass panels of a greenhouse or glass win-dows of a motor car
10. Assertion (A) : Salt Satyagraha was an outcome of the Nonco-operation Movement.
Reason (R) : Rajaji started the Vedaranyam March.
11. Who among the following was associated with the Hindustan Republican Associa-tion?
(a) Jogesh Chandra Chatterji
(b) Rasbehari Bose
(c) Subhash Chandra Bose
(d) Bhagwati Charan vohra
download to full practice set with Answer Click here