Junior Engineer, Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical & Metallergical Assistant, Senior Section Engineer and Chief Depot Material Superintendent.
Date of publication: 27.06.2015 Date & Time of Closing: 26.07.2015 up to 23.59 Hrs. Date of ONLINE Examination: Between 22nd August 2015 and 5th September 2015.
1. For Junior Engineer Group – ` 9300–34800 GP- 4200 Between
2. Age: 18-32 years 22nd August 2015 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post/examination. Admission of the candidates for the ONLINE examination(s) for the posts notified in this notification would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the ONLINE application. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his ONLINE application is false /incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
2. EXAMINATION FEE: No examination fee for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen / Women/ Minorities/ Persons with Disabilities/Economically backward classes. For UR/OBC male candidates not coming within the purview of exempted categories, as above, examination fee is ` 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only).
3. HOW TO APPLY: Candidates are required to apply through ONLINE mode to any one RRB ONLY, separately for SSE and/ or JE group, depending upon their eligibility, on the website of Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) as indicated in Para 16. Detailed instructions for filling up ONLINE applications are available on the website of RRB(s). Brief Instructions to fill up the same are given of this notification. Application to more than one RRB for the same group will lead to rejection of all the applications for that group.
4. LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: The ONLINE application, complete in all respects, can be submitted to RRB concerned upto 26.07.2015 till 23.59 Hrs. No physical copy of application is required to be sent to RRBs.
5. SAME DAY EXAMINATION: ONLINE Examination will be held on the same day by all participating RRBs between 22nd August 2015 and 5th September 2015. 6. NEGATIVE MARKING: There shall be penalty (negative marking) in ONLINE examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
7. MOBILE PHONES BANNED: (a) Mobile phones, pagers, calculators or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations. (b) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT:- (i) Computer based (ONLINE) examination for SSE, JE & CMA across India will be held between 22nd August 2015 and 5th September 2015 (on the same day by all participating RRBs.) (ii) As the examination is to be held by all RRBs simultaneously, candidates can submit ONLINE application to any one RRB only, separately for SSE and / or JE group. (a) Their admission to the examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions The Question papers shall be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. The questions paper will be in English, Hindi, Urdu and local languages as indicated. The standard of questions for the ONLINE (Computer Based) examination will be generally in conformity with the educational standards and/or minimum technical qualifications prescribed for the posts. The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science and Technical Ability. The Question paper will have 150 questions, out of which 90 questions will be of Technical Ability & General Science and 60 questions from General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning. The technical portion of 90 questions shall cover basic concepts of Science and Engineering from all the branches/disciplines of educational qualifications, prescribed for respective categories. Civil; Mechanical; Electrical; Electronics; Computers; Environment & Pollution Control; Instrumentation & Measurement and Engineering Drawing / Graphics. Junior Engineer (IT) MS Office; Computer fundamentals & organization; C , C++ & Java language; Information systems; DBMS; System programming; Operating systems; UNIX; SAD; Data & Network communication; Web technology & programming; Software Engineering; Environment & Pollution Control. Chemical Metallurgical Assistant Basic concepts of Fuel; Material Science; Polymers; Thermodynamics; Applied Chemistry; Computers; Instrumentation & Measurement; Environment & Pollution Control. There shall be negative marking in ONLINE (Computer Based) examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question. Candidates should read the instructions on the back side of e-call letter carefully and follow them scrupulously. Failure to comply with the instructions may lead to cancellation of candidature. Duration:- Duration of the examination will be 120 minutes.