The Directorate of Higher Education (DHE), Maharashtra defines the exam pattern and syllabus of MH CET Law. The examination is conducted separately for 5 year and 3 year law programs, scheduled for April 22, 2019 and June 17, 2019 respectively. The syllabus for both of the courses is separate but the basic MH CET Law Exam Pattern remains the same.
- The level of questions will vary as per the programs (3 year LLB and 5 year LLB).
- For 5 year LLB Program, 40 questions will be asked in the online examination.
- For 3 year LLB Program, 30 questions will be asked in the law exam.
Topics: Indian Constitution, Indian Penal Code, Indian Contract Act, Family Law, Law of Torts, Legal fundamentals and terms,Legal Maxims, Important Landmarks, Supreme Court Judgement.
Current Affairs & General Knowledge:
- There will be static GK questions as well. Static GK signifies facts about people, places and things that will remain the same in future as well.
- For LLB 5 year Program, 30 questions will be asked from this section.
- For LLB 3 year Program, 40 questions will be asked from GK and Current Affairs section.
Topics for GK and Current Affairs(This section tests a candidate’s knowledge of the recent happening and awareness of the world.) Section: Politics Ancient, Medieval, Modern and World History, Geography Economics (Outline of Indian Economy, Five Year Plans, National Income of India, Indian Tax Structure), Science and technology, Environment & Ecology, General Science National & International Burning topics, Books and Authors Environment, Industries Major Industries in India & Agriculture, Awards and Achievements
Logical & Analytical Reasoning:
- For 3 year LLB Program, there will be 30 questions.
- For 5 year LLB Program, there will be 40 questions.
Topics for Logical and Analytical Reasoning: Alphabets, Number test, Direction and distance test
Coding and Decoding, Blood Relationships, Ranking Analogy, Sitting Arrangements, Nonverbal,
Statement & Assumptions Statement & Conclusions Statement & Arguments Statement & actions
Assertion – Reason Syllogism etc.
- For 3 year LLB Program, there will be 50 questions.
- For 5 year LLB Program, there will be 30 questions.
Topics for English: Vocabulary, English Proficiency, Grammatical Errors, English Comprehension & Close test.
There will be 10 questions from this section in 5 year LLB exam and No maths in 3 year Programs.
The paper pattern is prescribed by the conducting body. A brief of 3 year and 5 year LLB programs are as follows:
Mode of Examination – Online
Nature of Question – Objective type
Medium of Exam – Bilingual (English and Marathi)
Exam Duration – 120 minutes for General category and 30 minutes extra for PwD candidates.
Marking Scheme – No negative marking and 1 mark awarded for each correct answer.
Section-wise Questions Distribution in LLB Programs
|Section||LLB Program (3 year)||LLB Program (5 year)|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||40|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||40||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||40|
|Total||150 Questions||150 Questions|
Some error has occured.