Candidates should check the given eligibility criteria to apply for the CLAT exam. The complete details about CLAT 2019 eligibility are given here:
- Indian National/NRI/NRI Sponsored candidates can apply.
- NRI/NRI Sponsored candidates can apply for those NLUs where such category is admitted.
- Foreign National candidates not need to appear for CLAT exam, they can apply directly to the concerned institutions.
- Upper Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit to apply for UG Integrated & PG courses.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
|Qualifying Exam||Minimum Marks|
|For UG Integrated Courses||Pass 10+2 examination from the recognized board.||Secured minimum 45% marks (for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories) & 40% marks (for SC/ST categories).|
|For PG Courses||Pass LLB/5 years Integrated LLB (Hons.)/any other equivalent examination.||Secured minimum 55% marks (for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories) & 50% marks (for SC/ST categories).|
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates should check this section to know about CLAT exam pattern details of UG & PG courses including mode, duration, marking scheme, negative marking, etc.
- Exam Date: The examination will be held on 12th May 2019.
- Mode: The examination will be conducted in offline mode (pen&paper-based test).
- Duration: The exam duration will be two hours.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice/Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Number of Questions: Total 200 questions (for UG) & 150 questions (for PG) will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 200 marks (for UG) & 150 marks (for PG).
- Marking Scheme: In correct response, one mark will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: For the incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|For UG courses (Integrated)||English including comprehension||40||2 hours|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20|
|For PG Courses||Constitutional Law||50||2 hours|
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc.||50|
Some error has occured.